Our school is governed by a governing council who works with our Principal to help set and monitor our school’s vision and direction.
The council is responsible for:
- developing and approving local policies
- approving and reviewing our budget
- monitoring and reviewing the site improvement plan
- reviewing employment contracts
- consulting with the school community to make sure their views are represented.
Meetings are held in the school library on Wednesday nights in weeks 4 and 8.
The Governing Council is representative of the whole school community. It consists of the principal, one representative from the teaching staff, one parent representative elected by Parent Club and up to twelve parents elected at the Annual General Meeting held in February each year. Council members are elected for a two year term.
Parent Club provides a forum for the discussion of issues related to the school as well as raising funds to enhance the facilities, equipment and resources available to students.
Parent Club meeting are friendly, informal meetings held at school on a regular basis. Pre-school children are most welcome. Meeting dates are advised in advance in the school newsletter.